May 20, 2010

Still in Virginia...


J & Shells,

So I saw part of this gorgeous lake. Got to bike on a highway over some sweet river in Radford as well...believe it or not, Radford, VA, is a pretty small, insignificant town, much like every other town I've been going through. I see a town on the map then, before I realize I'm out of it, I am! It's as if the "town" is one store/post office, if that! All very exciting, but no culture.

love,
Paul
(note #1 from the recipients: the front of the post card had the gazebo and, on further investigation, said gazebo is noted as a pretty popular site for weddings, for those who want a wedding in a state park...note #2: that store and post office is the culture Paul. welcome to small town america.)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Paul...this is Uncle Chris...following your blog across America. Doubt that you'll make it up north to Michigan (where the biking is good / flat, but sure you'll enjoy going thru West Virginia (i think you go thru there, but not sure if you skirt around and go to Tennessee instead??).anyway, pretty hilly in that region. Grandma is visit us this week (along with Katie), so Aunt Ellen/ myself are enjoying having the family here. Probably bike ourselves some this week-end (Mark did some maintenance on A.Ellen's bike for mother's day gift). Keep the blog going

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul! This is Katie, your cousin who lives up north in the best biking city in the country aka Minneapolis! My Dad sent me the link to your blog- sounds like you're off to a good start!! Any chance you'll make it up to Minnie on your trip? :) Good luck and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris-
    They avoided WVa by going straight from VA to KY :(

    Katie-
    You guys can enjoy the accolades but when it comes to actually being good for cycling, Portland is on top! They just couldn't stand to give us the award for a 10th straight year. j/k

    I hope all is well in the defrosting north.

    ReplyDelete