June 22, 2010

For Larned, Kansas


Nina,
It seems like since I've been on this trip, I've been having a lot of strange dreams - and most of them have been nightmares! Last night I dreamed about being in the CIA, and having my bike stolen by a bunch of rogue trashmen.

In other news, the town I was in last night, Ness City, has almost no real places to eat. And 1500 people. There was a long line for ice cream at 9pm.

Love, Paul


Caption on postcard:
Established as a military post in 1859 to protect traffic on the Sante Fe Trail, the post was deactivated in 1878. It was sold at auction in 1884 and used as a ranching operation until 1966, when the area became a unit of the National Park Service. For Larned is one of the most complete surviving western military posts. The site is located six miles west of Larned on U.S. 156.

No comments:

Post a Comment